Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: E-bay problems

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Well i bought a doll off of e-bay from a big number seller whom also has a good rating of 99.4 and the doll was said to be in mint condition.Well the doll comes and she is real and is pretty but she has some issues , like ink marks on the legs and arms . nicks out of her toes and her legs are so lose i am supperised they dont drop off and to top it all she is covered in fine yellow spots all over her on her arms legs and face all plastic parts of her ???Has anyone ever seen such a thing? her cloth body is great not a mark on it . [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] These do not clean off the ink sppots come off with oxo 10. but it would take a gallon of it for the yellow . Well i have tryed to reach the seller and she hasnt answered me I have sent her messages for 2 day in a row and no answere. Do i start a claim? I am asking her to refund me enough to get new parts put on her by ag ??? How long would you give her or would you file a claim now , I did write to her yesterday again like 5 times that i would give her 24 hrs and her time is about up.. Please help.. What do you all think [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] thanks Diane

  2. #2
    Inactive Member diana conover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I would probably give her just a little more time to respond, she could be out of town or something.
    Anyway, it's inexcusable that she would advertise the doll as mint, when it is clearly not.
    Do you really want to keep this doll?
    She should give you a refund and pay for return shipping. I don't know if she is obligated to pay for new limbs.
    If she doesn't respond soon, I would certainly file a claim.
    That's too bad about your rotten experience. Maybe things will turn out well yet.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    please anyone whom might also have any infor please , what would you do and what do you think thi sis on the doll?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would email every other day for about a week.
    Then I would file a complaint with ebay and if you paid with paypal with them as well.

    Also find the auction page and save a copy of it to your harddrive, and print it out, so that you have proof it was described as mint.

    Unless you want to keep the doll for the price you paid, I would insist on a refund, including return shipping.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would ask for my money back. It sounds like there are to many problems with the doll. You would have a legit claim with e-bay since the doll was miss represented. If you got the doll at a good price Angie Gill (on the board) restores the dolls for about $25.00. Also why don't you try the Mr. Clean eraser, some people on the board swear by it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that you may need to give the seller more time.
    However, save copy of your emails.
    If you paid by paypal, they will help you recover your $.
    I bought a doll described as mint and ended up being so loose that she could not stand. The seller got nasty on me and had me send the doll to her only to send her back saying "if you don't like her, sell her"
    I contacted ebay/paypal and they recovered the money plus shipping for me, and I shipped the doll back and all was well.
    My suggestion is: unless you have already bonded with the doll, wrap her back and file a complaint as soon as the time is up (8 or 10 days, I believe)
    Best of luck!
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i have finaly heard from the seller and she is a right peace of work . She is claiming that she doesnt even think it is the same doll . What does she think Lindsey jumped out of the box and a diferent on e jump in or what is she nuts [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] then she goes so far to say well if you get all new parts for her, well you got a new doll for around 213 which she thinks I should be happy about when i bought hers which she claimed was in mint condition.what a joke. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] Anyone else run in to one of these. thanks Diane

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you really want to keep the doll, maybe you should send her to the Doll Hospital to get her new arms and legs.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It 's my DD that wants to keep her and send her in . But I dont know where she will get the [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] for that . We dont even know what the yellow is is it a defect it is not marker ? So we are at a loss. Has anyone ever seen something like this it is fine and all over almost like maybe the color has come off of something on her it is even in the joints? What do you all think

  10. #10
    Inactive Member kitschywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    394
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, now I'm intrigued. Do you have any photos of the damage?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •